Thursday, March 3, 2016

Why my senior year?-- Editorial

By: Lexi Strange
February 25, 2016

Former softball coach Gary Rankin recently resigned due to conflicts with missing a decent amount of games to watch his daughters play collegiate sports. Coach Rankin was a great coach and couldn't have done it any better. I applaud him and "all his knowledge" for the game. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to teach me how to love the game just as much as he did. I never thought I would be going to play ball at the college level. Gary taught me all I know and he taught it well. I'm extremely grateful for him pushing me all the time to do my best and accomplish anything I thought I wasn't capable of. As I continue my senior year playing softball with a new head coach, I will not forget Gary and all he has taught me. I would like to say I'm very disappointed in our school's administration for letting a great coach go and not working anything out with him. I'm truly stunned by this whole situation. As I wrap up this article, I would like to say thank you to all players, parents, and community members who supported Gary Rankin. "My hands are tied on this one.."