Monday, January 25, 2016

Textbooks way outdated

By Lexi Strange
January 22, 2016

Today I interviewed science teacher Ms. Helton about what she thought of our textbooks here at Hartsburg-Emden. From the brief interview I got to do with her due to busy schedules she said, " I would love new textbooks. That would be awesome. What makes it worse is that some of my classes, I don't even have a textbook for myself. Also I teach earth and space science; we have no textbooks for this class. Basically I don't have anything to follow by as in chapters, I just do what I thinks best. Having this option would be nice." While I was in the science room, I looked at the copy right dates on the chemistry book which is 2001 and the biology which is 2000. How is it that half the kids enrolled in these classes are younger than their textbooks?