Friday, September 25, 2015

Why do kids say the Pledge of Allegiance?

by Lexi Strange
9-23-15

Today I interviewed my history teacher, Mr. Muntz, and this is what he had to say. "When we say the Pledge of Allegiance we're stating our beliefs in our country and our ideals. Stating that we're loyal to America each day. Despite the battles of people's religion." I then asked him if he thinks teachers need to spend more time on this. Muntz said, "I think learning about the flag is more important than saying the pledge. I also think the National Anthem is more important to know and we should cover more on that." I then interviewed a 7th graders asking why she thought the pledge was important. She stated, "It shows our honor for America and what we believe in. I think we've learned enough about it over the years."