Friday, September 16, 2016

New teacher at Hartsburg-Emden

by Kaitlyn Perschall
Sept. 15, 2016

I interviewed one of the new teachers here at Hartem. The teacher I chose to interview was Mrs.Nevius. She is the new special ed. teacher. A special teacher is a teacher that helps the kids that need a little extra help with homework or she is there for kids that have trouble focusing on their work. Some kids go up to her room for tests because that way they don't get distracted. I asked her 6 questions. The questions were…

  1. How did you hear about our school?
  2. What made you want to work here?
  3. Do you like it here so far?
  4. What’s your favorite thing about our school so far?
  5. Why did you choose our school to work at?
  6. What made you want to be a teacher?

I interviewed Mrs.Nevius in 1st hour while I was in her study hall. Her answers were....

  1. “I found out about the job opening on the Illinois State of Education website but I knew about the school because I used to live in lincoln”
  2. “It’s a small district and everyone knows everyone.”
  3. “Yes”
  4. “The size”
  5. “I like chose it because it’s close to home.”
  6. “I wanted to be a teacher because I had awesome teachers when I was in school and I wanted to help kids.”