Sept. 16, 2016
by Alexus Buckles
Hartsburg- Emden Jr . /Sr. High School tried their best to welcome all new students to our learning community. This year so far we have had 3 new high school students. Their names are Nastassja Ott, Mia Young, and Dylan Glick. I got to sit down and talk to Nastassja and Mia, but Dylan was unavailable and will be interviewed at a later date. Nastassja was a very quiet, kind of laid back person but she seems excited to be in a different learning environment. She is part of the junior class. My questions that I asked were the following:
- What are your plans after school?
- Was the school you went to before Hartem very different?
- Do you make the friends easily?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Who do you look up to the most?
- What’s so precious in your life that you would risk your life for it?
Nastassja answered with quick simple answers:
- “ I want to go to college,” she said
- “I went to Lincoln. So yeah there are a lot more people,” she answered.
- Nastassja says she thinks she makes friends easily. It’s just a natural thing to her.
- She is passionate about being a photographer when she grows up.
- “I look up to my mom a lot because she is always there for me and my little sister,” Nastassja said.
- Nastassja said that she would risk her life for her little sister.
Mia's personality show through in her answers. She is a freshman.
- Mia also wants to go to college after school.
- “I went to a private school before I came to Hartem. So yeah they were kind of similar but they are different too," Mia stated.
- Mia believes she also makes friends easily.
- Mia hasn’t really thought about what she wants to be when she grows up. “I don’t know,” she answered.
- Mia also looks up to her mother. Her mother is not married so she says her mother does a lot of stuff on her own.
- Lastly, Mia says she would risk her life for her family. She believes she’s really close to her family.
Look for Dylan's interview at a later date.
Update-- Dylan declined our invitation to be interviewed.